July 20, 2010

It's Like O Magazine, Only Funkier!

Some may wonder: what is funky black jock poz? Moreover: why funky black poz jock?

When I was a young boy, I ran my own magazine. In my mind at least. It starred me, was all about me, and solely intended for an audience of me. It was called Sky Magazine, as in sky's the limit. It was my personal Newsweek, Time and diary rolled into one. Ebony Me.

I created Sky Magazine to fill a void. The void was the lack of images of anyone who looked like me and thought like me in the vast universe, as seen on TV and in the movies. And so I created my own content to fill the void.

Flash forward to today's whiz-bang digital age. I have two personal magazines, so to speak! My author blog, Randy Boyd's Blocks, and my sexy blog, this one, where I can visualize and share the sexy side of a funky black hiv-poz jock.

My blogs exist for the same reason Sky Magazine existed in my childhood brain. To fill the world with images of someone who looks and thinks like me. After all, the void still exists. When's the last time you saw a TV show or movie, or read a book about someone like me (other than my four novels)?

The void still exists, even in our whiz-bang hi-tech world. Only now, I'd like to think the void is beginning to be filled.