October 25, 2010

What Makes Being a Fag Worthwhile

There's this campaign that tells young gay kids, It Gets Better, meaning life gets better after you grow up and no longer have to be gay-bashed at school.

Take it from this 48-year-young gay kid: it definitely gets better.

The best sign of better things: You'll be in the midst of some really great sex--hot, sweaty, passionate--and you'll think to yourself: This is why I'm a fag.

This is why I put up with all the world's shit about men who have sex with men: to feel this good with another man, to feel this alive, this free, this connected, this content, this much on fire, this much in love with sex and life. And cock. Or ass. Or holding onto another man, kissing another man. Or just lying naked together. Or doing whatever the fuck we want.

This is why I'm a fag. This is what I survived my youth for, what fought for the right to be. Me.

This is me. This is where I want to be.

This is what makes being a fag worthwhile.