April 14, 2011

What I Like About Me

Quick: name three things you like about yourself.

That's one of the exercises I used to help myself feel better in my 20's and 30's, when I was struggling with with life. Come to think of it, I could use a little boost right now. Here then, are three things I like about myself:

1. Clean Kitchen, Clean Mind: Dishes are to be washed and put away immediately following a meal, sort of like the last step that completes the ritual of replenishing one's self with vital nutrients. When I walk into my kitchen and see a clean, empty sink, it makes me smile. No living in the past, which is what doing old dishes amounts to.

2. No Lies In, No Lies Out: I don't have to keep track of all the lies in my life for a simple reason: I don't lie. Life is much easier when lived gunk free.

3. Still a Believer: I haven't given up on my dreams of finding true love. Sure, the odds. After all, I haven't come close in my entire life. But still, I believe anything's possible, and that life can still shock the shit outta me and gift me with love.


Those are three things I like about me.