October 2, 2010

I Love Me, I Really, Really Love Me!

I used to believe: white was better than black, straight was better than gay, negative was better than positive, and everybody else in the world was better than me because I was a black gay man living with HIV/AIDS.

Then, a funny thing happened on the way to my sad, lonely, worth-less life. I woke up from a very bad dream, a dream that said I had to accept anyone else's point of view about black gay men living with HIV/AIDS.

I begat a new dream, a dream where I learned to love myself for all that I am, for where I've been, what I've overcome, what I've made of myself and my life.

In this new dream, I fell in love. With myself. That's right, I fell in love with a funky, black, poz jock. I also realized: if it happened to me, if could happen to the man of my dreams, too. After all, anything is possible.

Anyone in this world can fall in love with a funky, black, poz jock.