May 27, 2009

Must Be Smart About HIV!

Most people who are HIV-positive acquired HIV because they thought they were having sex with someone who was HIV-negative.

Avoiding poz dudes hasn't made one person safer. Only having safe sex with all dudes, neg or poz, makes one safer. Only men with brains enough to know this are good enough for me!

If a guy can't appreciate me and my body, HIV and all, he's a dumb ass, quite frankly, and he ain't the guy for me!

I'm special, for who I am, where I've been, what I've been through, what I've accomplished, what I have to offer, what kind of great lover I'd make, for ALL that I am.

HIV doesn't make me unattractive, undesirable or a bad catch. HIV is one of the many things that make me who I am.

The sum total of me is a great man who'd make a great buddy for another great man. My buddy's not gonna love me or not love me because of HIV. When he looks at me, he's gonna see more than a virus. He's gonna see a reflection of his own soul, beaming back with smiling and loving eyes.

I am so much more than an AIDS virus, and someday, another great man is gonna see me, meet me and know me as so much more.